The Information Technology (IT) Manager oversees the development, implementation, maintenance and use of technology to support and further the ministry at The Woodlands Methodist Church (TWMC), including The Woodlands Methodist School and The Church at Woodforest.
This position is responsible for day-to-day operations of information technology network systems, telecommunication hardware and systems, managing all IT operations, providing support and maintenance of existing technology, development of new technical solutions, Linux website infrastructure, network/infrastructure-level IT and desktop/device-level I. This includes:
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals and groups of varying technical knowledge, at all levels of the organization
- Recruits, selects, trains/develops, and supervises help desk technicians
- Manages relationships with IT vendors ensuring contractual agreements are met and service standards are monitored along with managing our TSP and ISP(s).
- Actively seeks opportunities to educate, train and inform church staff on IT systems, policies and best practices through ongoing informal interactions and in programmed and structured training sessions.
- Responsible for hands-on, day-to-day campus-wide IT operations.
- Responsible for the purchase, management, and maintenance of all IT equipment including computers, software, and phone.
- Oversees technical projects in alignment with organizational goals.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Investigates, recommends and implements solutions that ensure full compliance with PCI, PII, FERPA, COPPA, CIPA, PPRA and HIPPA security standards.
- Researches, evaluates and implements industry standard best practices in IT strategies, policies, and procedures as a means of pre-empting and eliminating systemic problems, issues and liabilities within the organization.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Researches and implements new technologies, upgrades and equipment.
- Serves as the technical and IT adviser for all church departments / leaders.
- Provides technical support to ensure maximum uptime for church database systems (ie: Rock, Event Pro).
- Proven ability to document in writing network system design, including systematic record keeping and history of hardware and software maintenance, upgrades and configuration
- Significant network administration experience in the following environments
- Windows 2008R2 Server and newer (required)
- Azure Active Directory and on-premises Active Directory (required)
- Windows 7 and newer workstations (required)
- macOS (required)
- Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat / Fedora, Raspberry Pi OS) (preferred)
- Chrome OS
- Raspberry Pi Experience Desired, but not required
- Desired, but not required: Shell scripting: PowerShell and /or Bash
- Significant administration knowledge of
- Hardware (including cable, hubs, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
- Standard network protocols, e.g., TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Anti-malware software configuration, installation, deployment
- Backup hardware and procedures as well as disaster recovery
- Internet firewalls and security
- Wi-Fi controllers and access point administration (Aruba or similar)
- Microsoft SQL Server administration (required)
- Computer, mobile device and peripheral configuration/installation to include iPads, printers, etc.
- Server Virtualization using VMWare and /or HyperV (required)
- Microsoft Office 365 tenant administration (required)
- Tenant device and data migration to the cloud (required)
- Google Workspace (GSuite) tenant administration (required)
- Significant computer and networking troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge and experience with:
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- macOS- specific computing environments including operating systems and software applications
- Performs other duties as requested by Director of Facilities
- Desired, but not required: Experience with Windows and macOS migrations from on-prem to the cloud
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly professional demeanor; able to manage sensitive information with utmost discretion
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or related field or Bachelor’s degree or higher with 7+ years continuous IT experience
- 7-10 years of professional experience in IT required
- 3+ years being in a leadership capacity
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Reports to: Director of Facilities
- Position Type: Full time, exempt. Supervision of one or more part-time or full-time helpdesk technicians
- Schedule: Monday – Friday. As is typical for ministry, this position requires a flexible schedule with potential evening and weekend hours to support special events.
- Compensation: Dependent on experience
- Benefits: Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 403b
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of this job and may not include all responsibilities that might be required of the person holding this position. This job description is subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of The Woodlands Methodist Church and does not establish a contract for employment.